Conflict can be healthy to challenge assumptions and introduce new thinking, but how can you deal with unhealthy conflict? This playbook arms leaders with the knowledge and process to tackle conflict that is disrupting the team and undermining collaboration and trust. You will get tools to firstly diagnose conflict and several approaches to resolving internal or external team conflict. Lead more courageously and resolve issues before they become disruptive.
Ideal for leaders who are new to team leadership or who are very experienced but have not encountered this degree of conflict in their teams
Outcomes of this playbook include
- The team learns that conflict is not tolerated in the team and that efforts to resolve conflict will be taken seriously
- The team learns new ways of dealing with conflict (if they are involved)
- Overall engagement and morale is lifted as conflict gets addressed, as blame and defensiveness is reduced, and the team can become more open and trusting
- The leader learns new skills and tools to address resistance to change, conflict, behavior and performance challenges.
- If the conflict exists between the leader and team member then please engage an independent person to review/give support such as a Human Resources professional to ensure that unconscious biases and respectful process is considered.
- If you are looking for a team workshop that brings awareness and understanding of how to engage in healthy conflict in the team please see the Courageous Conversations Workshop
About the Workshop Author
Sarah Friis is the co-founder and lead designer of Workshops4Teams.com. Sarah has an MA (Hons) in psychology and has spent her career both in consulting and corporate roles in organisational and leadership development.
Sarah is a professionally qualified facilitator with over 6000 hours of facilitation experience and 20 years expertise in workshop design. Sarah is also a qualified Human Synergistics Coach, Strengths Profile Coach, Trained Teacher of Mindful Self-Compassion, accredited Emotional Intelligence Coach (EQ-i) and accredited Design Thinking facilitator.
Her passion for developing high-performance teams and cultures led her to co-author The Power of Team – a practical guidebook for breakthrough performance and a highly acclaimed resource manual for leaders wanting to create great teams.
Bringing together her expertise in facilitation, team leadership and group psychology ensures that each workshop is a well-crafted experience – making it easy for anyone to build great teams.